Awesome. The post I wrote just vanished because I had to go get vegetable oil and my computer restarted itself. This is really shaping up to be a fun week.
Anyway, on to the randomness.
* The backspace key on the laptop is going out. Which I can’t afford to replace if we’re going to buy a house when we move.
* I’ve got tons to take care of before the house hunting trip next week: a project that has to be done by COB tomorrow, making bread/muffins for work tomorrow, laundry so I have clean clothes and sheets when I get back, lunch with my mentor tomorrow, packing for the trip, and finishing plans for the trip itself, including a phone call to our relocation counselor.
* Just got back from Las Vegas on Monday. I’ve never been somewhere quite that hot. Okay, remotely that hot. It was 112 degrees the day we touched down and never crested lower than 104 during the days. DC felt nice and cool at 90+ yesterday by contrast.
WARNING: SARCASM AHEAD!
* I’m really excited about being forced to take Friday off. Wait, that shouldn’t be sarcastic, should it? Well, it should when I worked both Saturday and Sunday having been told I’d get overtime for both days, only to come back to the office to find out I get ZERO compensation for the eight hours I put in Saturday at the conference and a day off this week instead of pay for Sunday. Why? Because nobody in a position of authority bothered to look up the regulations for traveling to Vegas: no overtime or comp time allowed while there! So they got a free day of work out of me and I get jack shit. I’m thrilled, can’t you tell?
*Oh, and did I mention they have no idea where the $1677 I’m out in hotel, meals, flights, etc will come from? Awesome.
* On another note, the muffins and bread for tomorrow are out of the oven now. One to check off the list!