End of the Week Recap

It’s Friday again.  I like Fridays, not only because they’re casual at the office but because the intern is there and it’s just more relaxed all around.

Today was better than usual because I only worked for about an hour and a half, then took the rest of the day off.  That let me get insurance for the car and swap the registration over into my name.  At lunchtime on a Friday, just after the first of the month, let me just say that that is not the best time to be in the county clerk’s office.

After that, we made our first foray back to the animal shelter.  It was very hard, seeing all the other kittens and thinking that we should have had two of our own at home already.  Three more of them were sick, too, sneezing and everything like Lucius and Titus were.  I hope that they just have colds and pull through, because more than likely, if they don’t, they won’t make it out of the shelter.

Playing with the older cats was easier.  It’s not that they’re less cute and cuddly; it’s a personality difference.  Full-grown cats and kittens just don’t behave the same way, so there wasn’t the gut reaction of “Oh, this could have been Titus the way this one’s all snuggled up to me.”  There’s just too much of an adult cat for that visceral reaction.

I think we’re going to continue to go once a week or so, for me to get acclimated to the idea of having a kitten again and for us to find a kitten or two we bond with.  In the meantime, we’ll sanitize everything and get ready for new kittehs.

I had two trips to Cardinal Town this week, which is a lot of driving.  Both trips were productive, but I was exhausted by the time all was said and done.  My sinuses and allergies have kicked into overdrive this week, so I’m not sleeping well.  Having to get up early to make long drives was just icing on the cake.

In fact, by Wednesday I was so exhausted and run down that I took a sick day.  It would have helped more if I hadn’t had to get up to make the Cardinal Town drive on Thursday morning, but remembering that I didn’t need to be in Cardinal Town until 9:30 instead of 8:30 would have been best.  *rolls eyes*

Plus I have two new relatives.  Two of my cousins had babies recently, one of them yesterday.  I don’t have all the specifics yet, but everyone is happy and healthy.  That’s definitely high on the good news scale, I think.

About SouthernSugar

A Southern girl who's used to small town life, I found myself moving to Washington, DC, in 2008 for a new job, and living there was an eye-o
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s