Today brought more joy on the vehicle front: My check engine light came in on my drive into town. It’s not blinking yet, so it’s not immediate priority, thankfully, but I’ve got to get it looked at. Fan-freakin’-tastic.
At least Southern Honey has the motorcycle to carry him through when his car is having troubles. Clearly I need to learn how to ride so I can take it, too. The darned thing gets better gas mileage than any car on the market. If only it were all-weather friendly…
I requested a quote from a different car dealership on the Fusion Hybrid today. The employee at the other dealership we went to annoyed me a bit. He remembered Southern Honey’s name right off the bat, even after I said that I would be the primary driver. I mentioned that I was looking at the Fusion because my dad had recommended it; from that, he extrapolated that my parents would be paying for the car. And he couldn’t even give me an estimate on how quickly the darned things pay off the difference between the hybrid and the regular — it’s only estimated right now, but the information IS available. Perhaps the dealer I contacted today will be more knowledgeable.
I’ll be in Cardinalville next week, so I’m thinking about stopping by a dealership or two up there to see if they have any Civic or Fusion hybrids available. I’d love to be able to test drive one and to compare the two in terms of size. Let’s face it — Southern Honey and I are both fairly small people. Do we really need a vehicle the size of the Fusion? I’m not sure.
But enough about cars…
A genuinely good thing did happen today, though. Southern Honey finally got a call about the job he applied for down at the police department. He has an interview of some sort here at the house tomorrow afternoon. Needless to say, since we weren’t expecting company, the house was a mess and I spent all evening cleaning while Southern Honey worked on the yard.
I find it ironic that they finally got back to him today. Just this weekend we had talked about what we were going to do in terms of care for the munchkins after I go back to work. Our conclusion was that if he was still at his current job and hadn’t heard from the PD, he would request to be moved from full time back to part time and work two nights a week so he could be home with the munchkin.
So inevitably, once we had made that decision and a weight had been lifted, he got called about the job. I honestly do hope he gets it because he seems genuinely excited about it, and we could use the second income (he’d be making probably twice as much at the PD). I just had to laugh and roll my eyes a bit at the timing.