This week’s menu is going to be rather fluid. One night we’re going to a local fair, and next weekend we’re going out of town for our one-year anniversary, so it’s going to be a week of cleaning out the fridge of spoilables. As a result of a misunderstanding over a potential dinner party that fell through without my knowledge, we have a ton of corn on the cob and strawberries to incorporate where possible.
I just cooked up a box of whole wheat pasta to take for lunches this week with loads of veggies. The strawberries will make a nice addition to my morning oatmeal. I do need to make another batch of granola bars or something, though, so we have something with us next weekend at the amusement park to snack on.
Meals this week:
* Pork chops, corn on the cob, and salad (that was tonight)
* Whole wheat pancakes with strawberry compote (and probably bacon for Southern Honey)
* Cajun popcorn shrimp with corn on the cob, green beans and garlic bread
* Sandwiches on French bread with chips and salsa (it’s supposed to be about 90* all week, so I don’t want to be slaving in the kitchen every night)
* Crock pot BBQ chicken, corn on the cob and spinach salad with strawberries and a balsamic vinaigrette
The other nights will be the fair and our trip. We’re staying at a hotel that has a full kitchen in-suite, but I’m not sure that I want to cook after driving up there. I will be taking brownies and a bottle of strawberry wine, though. 😀